Sunday, February 12, 2012

Second Verse: Same as the First



As mentioned in a post from last December, I am very excited about a new band called Sons of Fathers. When I heard their debut record, I had a good feeling that they were on the way to something big. I was very pleased to hear one of their best songs Weather Balloons on Outlaw Country a few night ago. It was a good thing I wasn't driving or the suburban might have ended up in the ditch.

The album has been on the Americana Music chart for the last two weeks, which means it is getting a lot of play on stations across the country. That is pretty impressive for a debut record on an indie label. I guess I am not the only one who likes it.

The band has been on the road since the beginning of the year building their fan base. They had a successful trip to California and have recently played in Nashville. Check their website and go to a show when they come to your town. I know you will not be disappointed.

This video of Weather Balloons is from a recent show in Dallas at the Granada Theatre. Enjoy!





0 comments:

Post a Comment